It’s a month later and I got another email with yet another lower rate. Without lifting a finger, Autoslash rebooked me a the lower rate since it was the same rental company. Here’s is the latest rate:
July 2018 Rental (Florida, Full Size, 3 days, FLL-MCO)
- 2/25 – Initial AVIS rental with no comparison shopping- $262.67
- 2/25 – Autoslash found – Budget at $210.35 (baseline)
- 2/26 – Autoslash found – Alamo at $194.87
- 2/27 – Autoslash confirmed – Alamo at $198.37 ($11.98 savings; 5.6% from baseline)
- 4/8 – Autoslash found and rebooked – Alamo at $191.08 ($19.27 savings; 9.2% from baseline)
When Autoslash found my the first lower rate on 2/25, I had to reply ‘YES’ to their email to rebook – because it wanted to confirm I was ok with switching from Budget to Alamo.
This time, I didn’t have to do anything. Since the second lower rate was still with Alamo, Autoslash automatically rebooked me at the new lower rate. Here is what the email look liked:
Still 3 months for rates to drop – stay tuned for my next update.