This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
I'm happy to report the easy $200 US Bank bonus from July posted two weeks after I made my second online bill payment of $25. Although, I'm still waiting on the $200 BMO Harris bonus from June to post.
On to the next one - I got an email from Discover Bank with a savings account bonus for new customers. This is another easy bonus if you have cash laying around in an emergency fund, etc with no hoops to jump through. Just deposit $15,000 in a new savings account for $150 bonus or $20,000 for a $200 bonus.
For a while, we've been savings a few hundred dollars a month in an Ally savings account for my wife's next car. Her 2006 Nissan Pathfinder is still in great shape with less than 60,000 original miles on it and will make a great first car for my 14 year old in a couple years.
Anyway, the Ally 'car fund' account has grown to over $20,000 so this will be easy to meet the requirements for the $200 bonus. I was also happy to see Discover Bank is paying the same 1.15% interest as Ally - 50 times more than Chase or Bank of America:
- Open your first Discover Online Savings Account using code: SAVE817E2
- Not available to current or prior Discover Bank customers
- Offer expires October 31, 2017
- Get $150 after depositing $15,000 or get $200 after depositing $20,000 by November 15, 2017
- Bonus credited by 11/30/2017
- Earn 1.15% APY - currently the same as Ally.com
- No monthly fees and no minimum balance requirements
So far I've earned over $2400 in bank bonuses in 2017 alone with another $600 which should be posting soon.