This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
This month saw me take a step backwards in regards to the total number of page views in April - a reduction from ~5200 to ~2900 per month. I'm guessing because of two reasons. First, none of my posts were mentioned by other bloggers like last month's Marriott 5 Night Package Success which was mentioned by View from the Wing and The Frequent Miler. And second I was traveling in Paris for a week and only had one post scheduled during the week I was away. Email subscribers increased by ~20% so that was positive.
Upcoming Travel Plans
With Baha Mar's opening now official, I was able to book two nights at Grand Hyatt Baha Mar this summer for only 15,000 pts/night (currently 20,000 pts/night) due to the Hyatt website being wrong when it went live. I can't wait to check out Baha Mar.
Things Accomplished This Month
- Completed the final part (#6) of the Maldives trip
- I created a 'How to start your own blog tutorial'
- Continued to work on my Beginner's Course - 3 lessons are completed and the 4th is in progress now. I also purchased a plugin to host the course on the website.
- I ending up writing 7 posts for the month
- My pageviews went down this month from ~5200 to ~2900 - I attribute this to 2 items: 1.) no mentions from other blogs like last month and 2.) I was away for a week and didn't post as much.
- My most popular post was an old one from March 'Automatic Check-In for Southwest Flights' - this post had 551 pageviews.
- Changed the format of my weekly newsletter to be a short email.
Income - $0.63
- Amazon Affiliates
Expenses - $99
- WP Courseware - $99 (course plugin)
Net Income - ($98.37)
Thinking of starting your own blog? It's super easy - check out this tutorial to get you started quickly!