In a recent post, I mentioned that you can use Chase Ultimate Reward points for a Hyatt hotel stay. Sometimes I forget newbies to travel hacking may not know how to actually transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards to the various travel partners.
So I put together this step by step guide on how to link the various travel partners to Chase Ultimate Rewards.
Link Travel Partners & Transfer Points
- First, login in to the Chase Ultimate Rewards site at: https://ultimaterewardspoints.chase.com/ with your Chase account login information.
- Next click the ‘Use Points’ menu and then the ‘Transfer to Travel Partners’ option
- Before you can transfer Ultimate Rewards at a 1:1 to the airline or hotel partners, you have to link you frequent travel program. It’s pretty straightforward, just click on whichever program you want to transfer points to. In this example, I’ll transfer points to Marriott – just click on the ‘Transfer Points’ button.
- Next you will have to select who will receive the points. You may only transfer points to yourself or one additional household member who is listed as an authorized user on your account. In the case of a business account, you can only transfer points to yourself or an owner of the company who is listed as an authorized user on your account.
- Next fill in your Member ID – in this example, enter your Marriott Rewards number. If you haven’t yet joined the reward program, there is a link below the ‘Continue’ button to join.
- After filling in your information and clicking ‘Continue’, a box will pop up asking how many points you want to transfer. You have to transfer in increments of 1,000.
- Enter how many thousands of points you want to transfer and click ‘Continue’
- After confirming the details, simply click on the ‘submit’ button and you will get a confirmation message that looks like this:
Once you enter your frequent travel program once, the Chase website saves the details so you don’t have to keep reentering the information. Next time you login, at the very top of the page your saved programs will be listed. It should look like this:
The good news is that just about all of the transfer partners will have instantaneous transfers – meaning you can login to the frequent flier account and the transferred miles will be there and available for immediate use.
The exception is IHG, Marriott, Ritz-Carlton, and Singapore Airlines – these programs take a little longer. Singapore Airlines & IHG points have a history of showing up later that same day or the next day. Marriott and Ritz-Carlton have been known to take up to two days to transfer.
I’m always looking out for redemption sweet spots, I’d love to hear what travel partner do you transfer the most points to for those sweet spot redemptions?