Thank you Wells Fargo for an easy $500 for 15 minutes of work!
To offset some of the annual fees and other related costs associated with my miles and points hobby, I like to collect easy bank sign up bonuses when they are offered. Wells Fargo came out with this amazing offer in early January and it is supposed to expire later this week. I signed up for the Wells Fargo Everyday Checking account at https://www.wellsfargo.com/250offer which provides a $250 bonus after using their debit card for 10 transactions. Since the offer was so easy to complete, I signed up my wife for an account also. What’s better than $250? $500 of course!
Step 1 (5 minutes)
- Head over to https://www.wellsfargo.com/250offer
- Open an Everyday Checking Account – I was even able to fund the initial deposit with a Chase Visa credit card ($50 maximum).
- Here was the application page and terms when I applied on January 27th, 2017.
Step 2 (10 minutes)
- Wait for ‘Welcome Email’ – we received ours on February 7th
- Wait for the debit card to arrive in the mail – we received ours on February 13th
- Use your debit card for 10 transactions – I purchased 10 amazon egift cards in the amounts of $1.01, $1.02, $1.03, . . . .$1.10 so I could keep track of how many I purchased.
- Apply Amazon egift cards to your amazon account so you don’t forget to use them
- Wait a couple days and you will see the $250 bonus pending/post to your WellsFargo checking account.
- To avoid the $10 monthly fee – be sure to make 10 debit card transactions each month, have $1500 average daily balances, or $500 in direct deposit each month
- Early Termination fee – I could not find any language of an early termination or account closure fee – I plan to keep the account open for 3-4 months before closing it.
Important Recent Change:
As of 2/15/17 – Wells Fargo has added some additional language (highlighted in blue) to the offer page ‘This is an exclusive, nontransferable offer, available to those who received our direct mail or e-mail offer.’ I didn’t receive this offer by mail or email, but when I applied the highlight language was not off the application page – so YMMV – good luck!