This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
I found another very easy new bank account bonus with M&T Bank, this time from Doctor of Credit. M&T is not a national bank, but has a large presence in the mid-atlantic states. I (and my wife) just signed up for this offer.
- Use code QI when opening - Doctor of Credit's full review
- Offer expires May 24th 2017
- This is only available for residents of MD, NJ, NY, PA, VA, WV, DE, DC, & CT.
- Open the 'Freestyle Checking' account that has no monthly fee
- $200 awarded after a qualifying direct deposit of $100 within 90 days of account opening
- The most basic account is their 'EZChoice Checking' which has a $6.95/month fee but this fee is waived by making just ONE transaction (deposit, withdrawl, or debit purchase)
Most people see 'direct deposit' requirement and don't want to be hassled with changing their payroll form at work, I know I don't.
But there are a lot of different ways to meet the direct deposit requirement without actually changing which account your paycheck is deposited to. Doctor of Credit keeps a log of all the ways/accounts/transfers that count as a direct deposit at each bank.
My main checking account is a Fidelity Cash Management account and making a transfer usually counts as a direct deposit to most financial institutions. A transfer from online back 'Ally' also usually counts as a direct deposit.
There are many data points on M&T Bank already - almost all bank account transfers count as a direct deposit. I linked my Ally savings account to M&T Bank.
After verifying the trials deposits, I transferred $100 and the same day the $200 cash bonus posted to my account. Talk about quick!